Poems on anything and everything
- Why They TalkYou know they talk about her because she matters. Is she strong enough to stay confident, or will she feel shaken up and shatter?
- Real Conversations | Something WonderfulExploring Patriarchy Chapter 30 – There had been a time when the struggle with chores and gender roles took over every meeting or conversation that MM and her friends had. And finally, it got too much for MM so she began to cling to her hobbies for dear life. Letting friendships and WhatsApp-only communications cool or grow distant but holding on to friendships she treasured. Friends so dear that she was willing to listen. Willing to learn HOW to listen actually because the art of listening rarely is an innate skill with the human race. And then, something wonderful happened!
- You’re Past 50 WhenYou know you’re past 50 when you’ve learned a few tricks – how to get them to look after themselves and understand it’s the way to stay fit.
- Many Kinds of HappyThere are many kinds of happy that I can’t explain hobbies that take all my cares away. Things I can do that make my heart feel light and make me feel that this is a really nice life.
- Happiness is a CupboardHappiness is a cupboard where things have a home. Less time dusting and cleaning at home alone.
- Floopy Doggo is Over-weightFloopy Doggo is over-weight too much milk and sugar in her plate. Her shape is round, and she walks real slow. She’s stopped playing with her pack out on the road.
- RoutinesIt’s so important to have routines, familiar paths to tread. Time together and time alone, time to visit family and friends and keep in touch on the phone.
- SometimesSometimes, we have to go through the motions when there’s no time. just fit in a minute to play one line… It’s been a really busy few months for me. The end of 2022 saw my days filled with support for family members in hospital or recovering after discharge from hospital. All is well as I write this post and I’m feeling grateful. I decided having that no time to relax wasn’t sustainable and that it just wouldn’t do and…
- They Can’t Shape HerExploring Patriarchy Chapter 29 – They can’t shape her in their likeness, can’t swallow her whole. Can’t figure her out as she won’t keep her dreams small. MM had seen quite a few families where elderly disfunction runs high. Much of it supported by tradition where elders express love by allowing younger women to serve them.
- The WatchShe’s the watch at home – keeps an eye on the maid who won’t work well on her own no matter how high she’s paid 😀
- Be Still and KnowBe still and know that what comes will pass, faith and hope will help love keep a smile in your heart.
- A Lovely SilenceI’ve found a lovely silence after so many years it feels nice to return to the way things were…
- Toe The LineShould I be like you and tow the line, follow rules that served a different time?
- Solutions – My Friend TemperExploring Patriarchy Chapter 28 – Temper. My Friend. You keep me safe when the load gets too heavy and they won’t give me a break. Speaking out calmly and assertively when there’s pushback is always a risk. Now, it was a risk she was willing to take. A risk she was angry enough to take.
- Access To Vitamin DDo they have access to sunshine and Vitamin D? All of these women whose skin the sun doesn’t see?
- I Won’t Be A VictimI won’t be a victim – I ‘ll take the controls. Dig my own ditches or explore a new road.
- My Clothes Have ShrunkMy clothes have shrunk No – I do not lie! It’s not all that cake and apple pie…
- Solutions – Moving On From AnxietyExploring Patriarchy Chapter 27 – It’s cuddly dog and happy face and we have to look our best, hair always neat and in place. Skirt around what’s going down because talking like it’s okay can turn things around. This chapter was inspired by a wonderful book on positivity – ‘I’m OK – You’re OK’ by Thomas A Harris, MD.
- UnbrokenWill you accept your role and the part that you played, all those years that you looked away, pretended that all was well and things were okay, even though you knew she lived with fear each night and day?
- Practising SovereigntyExploring Patriarchy Chapter 24 – Microwave Madam learns new skills. Practising. Some steps forward. Pushback. . .
Hi, I’m Anitaelise. I teach piano lessons and write poetry. I love walking in the sun, listening to music and playing the piano. Happiness is seeing my students in piano class. Writing in my diary. Being out in the sun. Planting in my little compost pots. And looking up recipes that I’m never going to cook. Minimalism and and organization have relaxed my housekeeping and brought much joy to daily living.
The Relaxed Housekeeper by Anita Elise Kohli is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at sayselizaATgmail.com.
Subscribe to My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
4 thoughts on “Poems”
Hi, I need a favour, what is the theme you used for your website? I needed different blog post pages just like your Poems menu with different posts, and an Essays menu with different posts. How did you create that??
Create new pages and add them to a menu. WordPress support on the personal plan is excellent.
Thank you Anitalise, after asking you, I reached WP support and they guided me, I made the required changes.